Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008....Here we come




Tuesday 01/01/2008

The tone of Peterpan " Sedang Ingin Bercinta" from my Brunei line woke me up, glanced at the alarm clock, its 8 a.m on new year day,

Hello...U maseh kat New York ker? I and family dah sampai KL, we been trying to call ur guys to join us kat London...Nani mana? Hold on..DS want to talk to u..

The call was from DS , our dear friend from KL. The conversation lasted for more than 30 minutes,started with their complaints on the numerous call they made to me and my other half which goes unanswered, I have to tell them we seldom switch on our Brunei phones, they wanted us to join them in London, then we goes on exchanging news about our children activities,talk about mutual friends and asking us to drop by KL on our way back.

Known the DS's way back during our student day in UK,been good friends till now, tough DS is holding important post in the Malaysian Cabinet, that post doesnt change him and his other half, the DS's remain the same people we known years ago..This makes me wonder why some people change once given a new post, new tittle etc...Guess Thats Life...

2008 is here..Without fail,people will ask whats your new year resolutions..My standard answer will be...Peace on earth....What a lame lines....Actually I have enough of announcing to others about my new year resolutions...I just want to keep it to myself and pray with his help I could achieve it.

2007 been a roller coaster year for me,but then again I always look at the glass as half full, I just want to have positive attitude on everything ( though its easy to say than done), I always remember the words of my former boss while serving in Bangkok (1987-1990) he said..Life is too short..the most you live is 60 to 80 years old...so enjoy every second of your life..no point of worrying so much on what had happen, think on what you have today, which is certain..not so much of uncertainties....Another words of wisdom I have been trying hard to hold is...Jangan berprasangka burok terhadap orang....Selalulah bersangka baik...Another words which is easy to say....

Here I am in NY with my other half minus our children,one in Aussie studying ( at least i think and pray so..), the rest is in Singapore ,enjoying their holiday with their nini,uncles/aunties and cousins, as for my self, i am getting old...and I have not achieved all my dreams...then again I cant complain..Life goes on...I am just making the best of it...Que Sera Sera...I just pray along the way, I will not hurt people,especially my loved ones...They mean sooo much to me...Cant imagine living without them next to me....One line from me..May the new year bring us happiness..




1 comment:

Senor Pablo said...

Happy New Year to Mr n Mrs Wanz. Thank you for sharing the post. I really like it very much. It reminded us how short our life is and no matter who we became, we are all humans after all.

I'm really happy that u made it to NYC. Great! I pray that 2008 will bring good tidings for u n family.
Hope we can catch up soon. Please keep this blog alive as I know you have lots to share.

Please convey my warm regards to Mrs Wanz.