Sunday, November 2, 2008

LASKAR PELANGI, AN INSPIRING NOVEL

I come across this novel from one website and i ve asked a friend to send it to me ( thanks Erma for sending the novel). I truly enjoy reading it, its a touching story about school children in Belitong Island, the hardship they encounter, their eagerness to go to school, the dedication of teachers, the divided world we re living , how poverty can deprive people from getting education, once reading this novel, one cant help but wonder, how life can be unjust to some people , its so sad to see children unable to get education ( not only confine to primary or secondary, in this matter i am reffering to opportunity of pursuing higher level of education) , everyone should be given equal opportunity.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Salam Uncle and Aunty, it's Alyaa here. I don't know if you still remember me... I'm Puspa's daughter, back from the Jakarta days.. :)

Btw... I heard they are making a movie out of this book. I have yet to read the book and I'm guessing it's worth reading.

Well... I'm glad to have found the blog... take care...

:)

alyaa.p said...

ohh sorry, I didn't realize I was sign in using a different account previously.. btw.. yea it's still me.. Alyaa :)

itzme87 said...

yes we do remember you dear..how are you doing?...hows ur family? salam to your mum, hope to meet you n your family soon.